Monday, March 30, 2015

The Color Red

And so I begin this blog with these words (thanks to Jacinda, the continual sender of all red quotes):

"Red is the most joyful and dreadful thing in the physical universe; it is the fiercest note, it is the highest light, it is the place where the walls of this world of ours wear the thinnest and something beyond burns through." -G.K. Chesterton

I've started a project on the color red. Inspired by Maggie Nelson's book, Bluets (more on that later) and because Jacinda said I should write the red book when I told her that it was my favorite color. Still uncertain of where it will lead. Hell, I'm uncertain of a lot of things at the moment. Right now, I am currently fascinated by this bright developing tray that has yet to be used for its original purpose. It seems to be a reoccurring shade. This image was made for The Postcard Collective last summer.



Hopefully things will soon change and I will have a dark room again. Oh how I miss it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment