Thursday, May 28, 2015

A New Beginning

Something good happened. Finally. I recently applied for an artist residency in Union City, Indiana. A brand new program where they are inviting four emerging artists to live in a rent free apartment, have a shared studio space, work part time in the town and on a to be determined community project, and make art. It's like a dream come true. Ever since my visit (and interview) in April where I was very impressed by its potential and everything going on, I was excited and anxiously hoping I would get this opportunity. And I did! I'm feeling so hopeful and so very ready for this new beginning. It could not come at a better time. Unfortunately, I was too nervous during the interview, so I don't have any photos at the moment. But for those wondering where Union City is, here you go:


And yes, it's a small town. But it's full of so much potential. Here's hoping I'll get the room painted my favorite shade of red. A part of me may have taken that as a sign (silly, I know). The more I think about red, the more I feel like Maggie Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment