Thursday, May 12, 2016

Drawing to a Close

My time in Union City is almost up. Just a few weeks left. I have greatly appreciated this opportunity and my experiences here. I can't believe it's been a year. Time has flown. I have learned so much. I will miss the roof of my apartment. I spent a lot of time on this roof talking with friends, writing, and creating art. Definitely won't miss the trains.


Moving to Union City had its challenges but they were challenges I needed. So much happened this year. I was able to move out of my parent's house and live on my own. I curated my first show. I made a new friend. Met some cool artists. I fell in love. Participated in a few group shows. I lost my best friend. Got a new car. And still, no matter what happens, I continue to create new work with the pieces. 



It's funny how much impact a place can have on your life. How little things can change the course of your life. How the unexpected can happen and open your eyes to possibilities you never imagined. How your focus can suddenly shift and the universe that is your life is altered, just like that. Moving to Union City gave me a fresh start. One that was sorely needed. It helped me create a new web, a new life for myself.





Now I am ready to move on to the next phase of my life and build a new web in what will soon be my home: Indianapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment