Thursday, June 18, 2015

Interning at Artlink

I began working at Artlink as a gallery intern in January. This was a 10-hour per week volunteer gig that I did while continuing to work at the terrible Steak 'N Shake. I enjoyed my time there, it was something to do that was art related. My tasks ranged from mopping the floors to hanging artwork for the next show. I learned a lot. I got better with a hammer. I didn't quite get over my fear of heights, but I definitely made some progress. I learned what to do (and more importantly, what not to do) when packing and shipping your artwork thanks to the 35th National Print Show (my favorite exhibit at Artlink thus far).

(Photo taken by the lovely Crystal Monhollen)
I really liked being involved. The staff is great (especially when they bring in donuts on your birthday, thanks Amber!). Artlink has a lot of great programs and opportunities for artists in the community. CO.STARTERS being one of them. Here is a photo I took of Amber Sturgis giving a presentation on her new business idea, FocalNova:


My favorite part (besides working with great people) was visiting Tim Andersen's studio, a recent CO.STARTERS participant, and owner of Bel Air Photography where he specializes in professional headshots.


Boy is he good at what he does. I might have to have him take my headshot sometime.

I'm so glad I had the opportunity to intern at Artlink and I'm going to miss being there.


No comments:

Post a Comment