Sunday, April 26, 2015

Round One of the Mirror Wing

So the lovely Hannah came to visit and it was a very productive weekend full of photographing, seeing art, and eating good food. Her company is always welcome. The first test run of the broken mirror wing (still thinking about a title) began Friday and was taken down the next afternoon. (Special thank you to Blake for bringing his brother to open the garage door!)

Needless to say, it was a learning experience and I have plans to do it at least once more. It also felt like a performance piece for the entire neighborhood. Probably not something they see everyday. Here was my lovely setup (taken on Saturday):


The weather was perfect, surprisingly. Friday was nice and sunny and the next day it rained and the wind swept petals across the mirrors. Strange because I had been thinking I needed to do something with the petals for a photograph and then this happened.



I can only hope the weather will be like that again for the next round. Here's a shot on Friday from the ladder:


Now to edit the images with Hannah in them. Hopefully I'll be able to post them in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment